Where To Find The Diamond In The Rough?
Posted on June 6, 2017
Every niche is unique and as a freelancer, you need to find the right secret source to propel yourself to success. There is always a “diamond in the rough” and the only thing you need to do is simply find it. So how do you eclipse all others? Well, I have created 9 quick fire steps that can get you where you want to be.
Here Are the 9 Steps
- Create a list of 3-5 top products in your niche and write down all the problems they are solving
- Create a list of 3-5 top competitors in your space and write down the factors that make them different from you. Also take note of everything they are doing and see if there could be something you can learn from them
- Find 3-5 companies or organizations that have an 80% market similar to what you are targeting. Assess their marketing materials on their website and their conference topics.
- Create a list of 3-5 magazines whose 80% of their readers represent the audience you plan to target with your products.
- Try and find 3-5 radio or TV shows that are directly targeting your potential market and see what you can learn from them
- Create a list of 3-5 books designed for your specific market and review each and every one of them.
- Conduct interviews with at least five people in the market you are targeting and ask them about their biggest problems.
- Do some research online and find 3-5 message boards that are used by your target market to post questions
- Come up with at least 5 article topics that you can write for the audiences you plan to target.
As you are conducting this step, keep your eyes open for any opportunities in marketing that can help you reach out to your target audience better and more effectively.