Romance On South Island, New Zealand
Posted on May 25, 2017
If you could do anything to celebrate your love, what would you do? Where would you go? Have you ever thought of taking a campervan hire with the one that you love to see the sights and beautiful scenery that can be found in New Zealand?
South Island, New Zealand is full of romantic destinations and things to do that you will want to share with your significant other. Whether you are simply road tripping as a couple or celebrating your honeymoon, following are the top romantic experiences to have in New Zealand:
- Rotorua: What isn’t romantic about soaking in hot steamy waters (geothermal hot springs), or dipping in mud, or visiting a beautiful waterfall? If these romantic experiences plus getting to know more about Maori history sounds like a road trip destination that you don’t want to miss out on, make sure to include Rotorua on your itinerary.
- Nevis Bungee: For adventurous couples who are down for almost anything, a bungee jump off the highest bungee place in both New Zealand and Australia may be exactly what you are looking for. Located in Queenstown, Nevis Bungee will provide you with the rush of adrenaline that you are looking for.
- Marlborough Sounds: Marlborough Sounds is a fantastic area where you can explore hills, observe incredible views of the ocean, and make stops at wineries for delightful glasses of wine to satisfy your thirst. If you and your partner like wine and exploring, this is the perfect romantic destination for you.
- Queenstown: As aforementioned, Nevis Bungee is a great place for adventurous couple, but so is the rest of Queenstown, where you can enjoy skiing during the months of April to November, or simply enjoy the beauty that is Queenstown, with its snowcapped mountains and welcoming views of the water. Whether you want to say, “I do” or pop the question, Queenstown is ideal for romance and fun.
- Fox Glacier: Picture this: a white winter land, the one that you love, a helicopter ride, and glaciers all around. Does this sound like your idea of a romantic time? Because if it does, you must include it in your romantic get-away to New Zealand. If you feel extra daring, you may want to jump out of a plane with your special someone, because why not? New Zealand is the place for dreams to come true.
- Lake Tekapo: It’s a beautiful area during any time of the year, but if you have something special planned for your sweetheart, you may want to drive your campervan to this incredible area of New Zealand’s South Island during the spring. Springtime is when Lake Tekapo comes alive with delightful flowers, when you can enjoy the starry nights full of your favorite formations, and best of all, when you can enjoy the company of the one you love.
Whether you choose to visit the north or south island of New Zealand, this country is one of the most romantic destinations to be found in the world. Whether you are ready to propose or are planning your honeymoon, New Zealand may be the romantic getaway for you.