6 Things Companies Should Do During Difficult Economy
Posted on December 3, 2015
In a very uncertain economy, we should be able to take all the necessary steps, so that our business will be able to stay afloat. In this case, it is also important that our business is able to stand out strongly from competition. Here are things that we should do:
- Stay connected to the customer: In this case. We should try to keep track of our customers and we should make sure that they don’t switch to the competition. In this case, we should try to keep in touch with our customers, especially if they have shown interest and purchased our products in the past. Social media should be an ideal platform, because the entire customer base can be contacted with only a click of the button.
- Be honest with everyone: During a difficult economic situation, it is important for us to be hones to everyone. This is the time when people are affected with anxiety and uncertainty, so they need get some amount of certainty. It is a bad idea to keep customers, suppliers and employees in the loop, especially when it comes to how our business is faring. In some cases, layoffs would be necessary and we may need to reduce supplies of raw materials.
- Focus on online marketing strategy: In general, we may need to switch from the traditional methods of introducing our products to the public. Online methods are considered as more cost effective, while delivering nearly the same amount of effectiveness, if we choose the right strategy. During difficult economy, many people want to spend much more time online and watching TV, instead of going to movies and eating out. They are more likely to choose cheap ways to entertain themselves. This is an opportunity for us to deliver various marketing messages to consumers.
- Reassess our credit card fees: Many businesses have been using the same provider for their credit card for many years. In some cases, they pay too much in fees. In this case, we should sit down and examine our credit card options. We should know whether we can save money and a small monthly saving should eventually add up.
- Go green: In any case, going green is a good option, even during a difficult economic situation. This step can save us money and we will be able to do something for the greater good. We should unplug computers and other electronic devices when the office is closed for the day.
Establish the best customer service department in the industry: During a difficult economic situation, we should begin to invest in reliable customer service. In this case, everyone’s hurting and it is important to show customers that we are friendly, compassionate and entirely fun. This could make a big difference in the way our business fares. In general, customer service should be both free and useful. Many companies have found that great customer service is the only thing that could maintain trust among customers.